BECOME A TRANSCRIPTOR OF EDUOPEN LECTURES
Transcripting the lectures of the courses published on EduOpen is an important step towards the full accessibility of the courses.
The transcripted lectures (and then translated) can be made available to all users to facilitate their study having available a written text to download as well as being used as subtitles (also in various translations) for people with sensory deficits. Your small gesture can greatly improve the usability of our courses.
But do not be scared! If you decide to become a transcriptor, we will send you drafts of text automatically extracted from the videos. Your task will be to render them in a correct, fluid and faithful text.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Provide high-quality subtitle transcriptions for EduOpen course lectures (EduOpen Transcriptor)
- Review existing transcriptions to ensure quality and accuracy (EduOpen Transcript Reviser)
How much of my time will it take?
- As much or as little as you like
- Work on translations whenever you have spare time
What are the benefits of joining the program?
- Actively contribute in making the EduOpen platform accessible to a larger number of learners from around the world
- Becoming part of the community will allow you to compare yourself with others and contribute to the co-construction of teaching materials
- Being recognized in the community as EduOpen Official Transcriptor (your name will always appear on your transcriptions). We value your talent!
- Leadership opportunities are available by becoming an EduOpen Language Coordinator of your language translation community
- Receiving EduOpen Coupons to certificate your knowledge
- Receving EduOpen Badges to share your experience